- What is included in my registration?
- I registered but can no longer participate, can I receive a refund?
- Is the course a certified 5k route?
- Is the race timed?
- Tell me about the course!
- When and where is packet pick-up?
- Are walkers welcome?
- Are strollers and wheelchairs allowed?
- Will you have a bag check?
- What about bad weather?
- What is the purpose of this race?
- How does this event raise money?
- What sponsorship opportunities do you have?
- Where can I learn more about Community Food & Outreach Center?
- How does fundraising work?
- How do I enter an offline donation (cash or check) on my fundraising page?
- Why Quack Attack?
- How do I know the duck float will fit around my waist?
- Do I really have to run with the duck float?
Awards and Prizes
Each participant receives the following with their registration:
- Commemorative Race T-Shirt: A cotton version of the Quack Attack on Poverty 5k presented by the Orlando Solar Bears race shirt.
- Split Ring Inflatable Float: A traditional duck-shaped pool float to wear during the race and keep as a fun souvenir.
- Finisher Medal: A one-of-a-kind finisher medal to add to your collection!
- Orlando Solar Bears Ticket Voucher: Enjoy a fun evening watching pucks fly at the Amway Center! Your voucher may be redeemed for one complimentary admission ticket to either the February 19th or February 24th home hockey game.
- Entry in the Chuck-A-Duck Contest: A traditional rubber duck to throw in the Chuck-A-Duck contest for a chance to win exciting prizes.
- Race Bib and Timing Chip: Professional race timing on a certified 5k course with posted results.
- On Course and Pre/Post Race Refreshments: Three water stations along the route with unlimited access to pre and post-race refreshments.
Unfortunately, we are unable to issue refunds or transfer registrations. If you are unable to make it to the event, please let us know. Ask a friend to pick-up your race shirt on your behalf!
Teams of 10 or more receive a special discount registration. Upon registering, select the team registration type. You’ll also have an opportunity to choose or create your team during the registration process.
Yes! Other than having at least 10 participants, there is no special criterion to become a team. Your team could be the name of the company the teammates work for, a family name or a totally unique name you create!
Any team raising $1,000 or more will have their efforts rewarded with their own 10’x10’ tent at the race.
Yes, the route has been certified by USA Track & Field. The course has been officially measured at 3.1 miles using the shortest distance traveled.
Yes, the race is professionally timed by Fleet Feet Orlando.
Baldwin Park is an award-winning neighborhood just three miles from downtown Orlando, and is one of the most beautiful communities in the state! The race starts on New Broad Street, just SE of the fountain at Harbor Park at Lake Baldwin. Most of the first mile takes place on closed public streets (New Broad Street—>Common Way—>Lakemont Avenue) and then goes on to the path at Lake Baldwin for the remainder, finishing adjacent to the start line. It is a smooth and scenic route. Please click here to see the detailed course map.
Early packet pick-up is available on Thursday, February 16 and Friday, February 17 from 11 a.m. until 7 p.m. at the SODO Fleet Feet Sports store located at 25 W. Crystal Lake Street, Orlando, FL 32806. Your race packet includes your race t-shirt(s), split ring duck float, runner goody bag and race bib/timing chip.
To make things easier, you may also sign for and pick up packets on behalf of your friends or teammates. If you’d rather wing it and pick up your packet on race day, please plan to arrive before 7:30 a.m.
Of course! We are excited to have athletes of all skill levels participate. For everyone’s safety, we ask that you please plan to start at the back of the group and leave room for others to pass. Look for the “Walkers Line Up Here” sign at the start line.
Yes, strollers are welcome. For everyone’s safety, we ask that you please plan to start near the back of the group and leave room for others to pass.
Yes, there will be a supervised area where you may check a small bag with your belongings. You will receive a claim check that you’ll need to present in order to reclaim your things at the end of the race. Please only bring the essentials and leave all valuables at home.
Florida weather can be unpredictable, but ducks don’t mind a little rain! The race will take place rain or shine.
The goal of the Quack Attack on Poverty 5k is to raise funds and awareness for United Against Poverty Orlando, whose mission is to inspire and empower people living in poverty to lift themselves and their families to economic self-sufficiency.
Net funds from registrations, participant fundraising and sponsorships will all benefit the mission of UP Orlando. Here’s your chance to join friends and neighbors in making a meaningful impact in our community while taking part in an unforgettable 5k!
Thank you for your interest in being a sponsor! Please click here for our sponsorship packet which details the opportunities available.
We encourage you to learn more about our organization on our website, www.uporlando.org, and like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/uporlando. If you would like to come down to our campus and see the sustainable change we are creating first-hand, please email email@example.com to schedule a tour of our facility.
As part of your registration via our partner site FirstGiving, you will create a personal fundraising page with your own custom URL web link that you can share with family and friends to drum up donations. Your supporters can easily donate directly to your secure page using a credit or debit card, and even leave you a comment or words of encouragement!
When collecting offline donations, please be sure to collect the donor’s name and address. To record a cash or check donation, log-in to your FirstGiving page, click on your Quack Attack fundraising page and click the “Enter offline donation” button. You will then be prompted to enter your donor’s contact information and gift amount. Once completed, their donation will be reflected in your fundraising total on your page’s thermometer. All offline donations are to be turned-in at registration on the day of the event.
Each day at our Orlando campus, United Against Poverty Orlando staff and volunteers work hard to tackle the issue of poverty at its core and create sustainable, community-driven change. While we work with our clients to fight these battles of hunger, homelessness and poverty each day, we know that there is nothing fun about these issues. The harsh reality is that half of Central Floridians are one financial shock away from the poverty line. Instead of focusing on dire statistics like these, we want to dedicate our 5k event to being unique, fun and different in order to attract the support of participants who can make an impact in our community.
The provided floats are “split ring” meaning they are not joined in the back. This allows the ring to stretch to accommodate the majority of kids and adults.
While we will not disqualify you for not wearing the inflatable, the duck floats are an essential part of the fun and unique character of the event. We hope you will get in the spirit and wear your duck float with pride!
Awards and Prizes
Take home one of our famous rubber duck trophies!
Top participants will recognized in the following special categories:
- Top individual fundraisers
- Top team fundraisers
- Top overall male finishers
- Top overall female finishers
- Top overall quacktastic finishers (who wear the duck!)
The top three male and female finishers in the following age groups will also be recognized:
- Youth under the age of 15
- 15-19 years old
- 20-24 years old
- 25-29 years old
- 30-34 years old
- 35-39 years old
- 40-44 years old
- 45-49 years old
- 50-54 years old
- 55-59 years old
- 60+ years old
As a way for us to say thank you for fundraising, we will be rewarding the efforts of those who reach the following fundraising benchmarks:
- $50: For every $50 a participant raises, they will receive an additional duck to throw in the Chuck-A-Duck contest.
- $100:Participants raising at least $100 will receive everything included with basic registration, a Chuck-A-Duck entry for every $50 raised and a "Duck Duck Run" performance race shirt.
- $500: Participants raising at least $500 will receive everything included with basic registration, a Chuck-A-Duck entry for every $50 raised, a "Duck Duck Run" performance race shirt and a special edition "Top Fundraiser" race shirt.
Fundraising prizes will be distributed with race packets at packet pick-up or on-site registration.